Tuesday 21 May 2013

Evaluation

From a lighting designers perspective, I think that the show was an overall success. The plan I had made fit well with each part of the show, whether that be the rock show scenes or the dramatic scenes that was needed at that point. Some things that could be improved upon next time would include :
  • Ideas - when I was told I would be the lighting designer for this show, I asked if there was any important aspects that I would need to include in my plan. I was told there wasn't, so I carried on with what I wanted to have in the show. During the week of rigging and focusing, I was told that centre stage spots upstage and downstage would be needed so I then have to change my plan so I could fit that in as I had already used all the profiles.
  •  
  • Team - During the rigging, focusing and plotting process, the team worked really well together. Everything that was asked to be done by them was done quickly and easily. However, I would in the future want to have a team brief before starting any of these to make sure everyone knew what they were doing as a lot of questions were asked on what they would need to do next so I should have either made a list of everything that needed to be done which once done could be crossed off, or just told everyone so everyone individually knew what to do.
 
Overall, the show, with regards to lighting, was a success as all the lights fit what was needed and the operators on the nights knew what they were doing so that ran smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment